How to get an ISO image of Windows 10 for arm64

If you don't know how it's done: Here it says!
gus33000
Developer

How to get an ISO image of Windows 10 for arm64

Post by gus33000 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 pm

In this tutorial we will focus on how to get an ISO image of Windows 10 for arm64, for use with your phones.
This tutorial will cover one website in particular for reliability reasons over the past years.

UUP Dump

Note: There isn't really a recommended build or Windows 10 version for use on your Lumias. Please note however, Insider builds of Windows have an expiration date, and thus will require to get updated. Those versions include what is called a timebomb, and in our cases with secure boot off, will prevent the user of certain applications requiring User Account Control (UAC) permission.

In the UUP Dump website (https://uupdump.ml/) enter in the search bar arm64, like below, and then click the search icon:

Here's an example of the results you'll get afterwards:

For the sake of this tutorial, we're going to get the latest retail version of windows, which is at the time of writing, 17763:

Upon clicking on the build you picked, you'll see some options to select the language and the edition, pick what you like from the list, here, I will select English (United States) and Pro:

Once completed, you'll then get to the download page, please click the following button:

An archive will get downloaded to your computer, once downloaded extract it fully.

Right click the aria2_download_windows.cmd file, and run it as administrator.

The utility will then download all required files, and build an ISO image for you.
This process may take under an hour and a half for some, depending on your connection speed, and computer performance.

And here you have an ISO image of Windows 10 arm64, ready to use for your phone.
4 x
Developer for the Lumia WoA project, and the RT4Lumia project.
Co-runs Proto Beta Test a website dedicated to Nokia and Microsoft Windows Phone prototype Legacy and history.

Personal blog - Github - Twitter - Paypal

ryankar65

Re: How to get an ISO image of Windows 10 for arm64

Post by ryankar65 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 pm

hello, how to use this OS for lumia 930 ?
0 x

KillerMemz

Post by KillerMemz » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:31 pm

It should also be noted that the aria2 download tool cannot be located in a directory with spaces in one of the folder names.
I couldn't run it, and when I edited out the @echo off line in aria2_download_windows.cmd, I got an error code for it.
Took out the space in the offending folder name, and it immdiately worked fine.
0 x

Ameowli

Post by Ameowli » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Additionally, the folder names it generates are absurdly long, so try placing the working files into a directory closer to the root, such as C:\WoA lest you run into absolute file path limits.
0 x
15254.556 // 17763.292

BobbyRosengarten

Post by BobbyRosengarten » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Maybe this is an alternative:

https://uup.rg-adguard.net/

I used this yesterday. Although the script that I downloaded did only work for the newest build I found this pretty easy.

The *.wim file was in the sources folder of the iso-image that was created
0 x

claudiusraphaelpaeth

Regarding length of File- and Folder- -Names

Post by claudiusraphaelpaeth » Wed May 01, 2019 6:10 am

Although it is mostly due to bad save-|export- and unpack-|uncompress- -habits, which results in nice name-snakes that also contain copies of themselves, if you are none the less quick at navigating through those messy filings, but you can't because you hit the limit ..

.. Use manually created ReFS formatted partitions or if you have whole disks to spare crerate a Windows Storage, which effectively is a Wholedisk-ReFS-|ReFS-Soft-Raid- -Storage.

ReFS has Limits set so high, that actually no tool in broad use can reach these limits. Also it is more easily reconstructed than ntfs and on the other hand stores less operating-specific data, but concentrates on data as it is - data, just data.

A simple|advanced explanation can be found in Wikipedia-articles about ReFS or on Microsoft-TechNet.
0 x