Better experience with Windows 10 on ARM

If you don't know how it's done: Here it says!
olli204

Better experience with Windows 10 on ARM

Post by olli204 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 am

These Steps helped me to get a better experience with Windows 10 on ARM on my Lumia 950 XL.
I translated the naming in this tutorial from a German Windows. I hope it is correct.
Please let me know if you have any further tips and tricks :-)

1. OneDrive Setup:
When a user logs in the first time, OneDrive Setup will run automatically in the Background and has a high CPU usage. I would recommend you to wait several minutes until this setup has finished and is no longer shown in the task manager. Do not reboot your device until it is fish. Otherwise, the OneDrive Setup will automatically start up every time you login to your device.

2. Disable Defender Antivirus:
I experienced the System runs much smother and faster if Defender Antivirus is disabled. I do not know for sure if Malware for Windows 10 ARM exists so I could not recommend you to disable it. It is up to you to consider if it is too dangerous to turn it off.
You can disable Defener Antivirus by using local group policy (gpedit.msc).
Got to: “Administrative templates” -> “Windows-Components” -> “Windows Defender Antivirus” -> “Disable Windows Defender Antivirus”.

3. Optimize System Performance:
Got to “Control panel” -> “System and Security” -> “System” -> “Advanced system settings”. Klick on the “Advanced” Tab and open the Performance Settings. Chose “Adjust for best performance.

4. Disable Transparency:
Open the Windows 10 Settings and klick on “Personalization” -> “Colors”. You can switch off Transparency effects here.

5. Improve your WiFi Connection:
Open Device Manager and go to the Network Adapter “Qualcomm Atheros AR6320 Wireless Network Adapter”.
Klick on the “Advanced” Tab and Enable “EnableACS”.
Klick on the “Roaming aggressiveness” entry and select “5.Higghest”
4 x

shodan

Re: Better experience with Windows 10 on ARM

Post by shodan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:51 am

6. Disable Defender realtime protection
Using gpedit.msc Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender > Real-time Protection.
Open the policy 'Turn off real-time protection' Select Enabled option to turn off the policy. Click Apply button.
0 x