Updated drivers for Lumia WOA

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
AMR1

Updated drivers for Lumia WOA

Post by AMR1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 pm

I would like to update the drivers for the WOA partition on my dual-boot 950XL as described in this article https://github.com/WOA-Project/MSM8994- ... 64-Drivers. I downloaded the driver package, but when I try to install the drivers, I keep getting error messages when I execute the dism command on the phone (pointing to the D: drive, where the OSmain partition is mapped). For some reason, it thinks that the phone OS is Vista or older (says it can't find SSShim.dll, but it's there on the local C: drive).

The github page also mentions the possibility of using the WOA Deployer to update the drivers, but I have not found a way to do this (it seems focused on deploying full .wim OS images, not driver updates).

Any ideas?
0 x

gilius

Re: Updated drivers for Lumia WOA

Post by gilius » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:38 am

If you install a new WIM then you will automatically get all the latest drivers.

I didn't know you could inject drivers into a live operating system using DISM?

You might be better installing them manually or backing up and refreshing your OS. Soon I'm uploading a light version of WOA. Which store apps do you use and what kind of configuration have you got that you want to avoid wipe and load?
0 x

The_GTA

Re: Updated drivers for Lumia WOA

Post by The_GTA » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Uninstall the old driver and then install the new. Worked for me once. Maybe it will work for you? You know about device manager and the INF files in gus' repository?

Not encouraging you to do this because it can be a waste of time depending on the driver. 😉
0 x