Deploy process ⇢ “Error: The execution of the script 'Get-Disk' failed”

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
Csybormelgen

Deploy process ⇢ “Error: The execution of the script 'Get-Disk' failed”

Post by Csybormelgen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm

I've finally came to this part of the process after a solved drawback,
being now able to get into Mass Storage mode and being (personal) ready to start the Deploy process.
However, when I click one any of the following Buttons inside of WOA Deployer 2.6 the error message “The execution of the script 'Get-Disk' failed” appears:
Deployment
--> Deploy (install.wim is selected) (!)
Dual Boot
--> Check Status
Advanced»MISC
--> Force Dual Boot
--> Force Single Boot
--> Collect phone logs
...different error but seems related when clicking:
--> Delete "Downloaded" folder resulting in “The 'Downloaded' folder hasn't been found.”

Details about my drive (appearing in Mass Storage mode):
- name: MainOS
- path: E:\
- size: 1,14 GB free of 2,87 GB
- 19 elements
-- one of them: Data with size of 27.340.768 KB

Should there be more drivers mounted? Btw, how does WOA Deployer figure out the correct location of the phone?
0 x

The_GTA

Re: Deploy process ⇢ “Error: The execution of the script 'Get-Disk' failed”

Post by The_GTA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Hey Csybormelgen,
I am happy that we have successfully solved the hurdle behind getting into Mass Storage Mode! 😎😄
Hoping to see you around on woaproject.net.

Your Data partition seems to be properly sized. You seem to have the partitions properly mounted. So let me ask you some questions.

1) what space did you select to reserve for Windows 10 ARM? there is a slider in woa deployer
2) can you post content of the log file that is related to your error message? you can find log files in the Logs folder where the woa deployer exe is located.

The Windows 10 partition manager can be used as a swiss knife if you have a wrong partition configuration. But do not resort to it unless you are 100% sure of what the problem is.

Common problem in deployment is that the Data partition of your phone is too full. The size entry of Data you mentioned is the total space reserved for your W10M installation. It is not the total space actually taken by files inside W10M. You can try backing up files and deleting them from your phone, then trying deployment again. You can do that from either Mass Storage Mode or by booting back into W10M and then moving stuff through USB cable.
0 x

Csybormelgen

Post by Csybormelgen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm

Hey The_GTA, what a pleasure and honor to see you back :D
Here we go, the answers to your questions:

1) Well, the size allocation doesn't seem to be the problem. I'd choosen 20GB (but with about 21GB free space on the phone), however to be sure this isn't the cause for the issue, I've also tried only 14GB now... no change.

2) That's a useful hint! Althoug the specifics about the logged error(s) are not telling me much, it anyhow shows me the tried usage of D:\ — which isn't even mounted (anymore).
relative repetitive piece from the log file wrote: System.ApplicationException: The execution of the script 'Get-Disk' failed
bei Deployer.NetFx.PowerShellMixin.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<ExecuteScript>b__0>d.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Source\DeployerPlatform\Deployer.NetFx\PowerShellMixin.cs:Zeile 27.
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
This leads me to the question: may I change per partition manager my MainOS @ E:\ to D:\ ??
0 x

The_GTA

Post by The_GTA » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:53 am

Csybormelgen wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm
Hey The_GTA, what a pleasure and honor to see you back :D
;)
Csybormelgen wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm
This leads me to the question: may I change per partition manager my MainOS @ E:\ to D:\ ??
No no no! What you see in the log file is the location of the source code that caused the issue NOT the disk that was tried to access for resizing. If this is the only related line to the error (are you sure this is the only log file lines implying an error? can you post entire log to pastebin?) then I can only tell you more generic ideas:

Try mounting the Data partition as a drive letter, you can do that through Windows 10 partition manager
1 x

Csybormelgen

Post by Csybormelgen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 pm

After a bussy day, back to the Lumia project 🤩
The_GTA wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:53 am
No no no! [...]
He he, just love how much your ❤ beats for (even other's) Lumias :D
The_GTA wrote:
What you see in the log file is the location of the source code that caused the issue NOT the disk that was tried to access for resizing.
Alright, sounds much more persuasive, however, not understanding why D:\ ?!?

The_GTA wrote:
[...] can you post entire log to pastebin?
great request 😇...

The german sentence can be properly translated by google:
--- End of stack trace from the previous location where the exception was thrown ---

Greeetz
1 x

The_GTA

Post by The_GTA » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Csybormelgen wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 pm
He he, just love how much your ❤ beats for (even other's) Lumias :D
I love that MSFT phone. Cool that you can tell ;)
Csybormelgen wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Alright, sounds much more persuasive, however, not understanding why D:\ ?!?
Because D:\ is a common location for external hard drives, a good place to store source code at if you build applications on-the-go.

Now to the actual problem. Excuse me for getting very technical but we have to get to the bottom of this.
The error can be traced down to this line of code in WOADeployer. What WOA.Deployer is trying to do is: open a PowerShell prompt and execute the command: Get-Disk. And this basic command fails.

Can you try opening a PowerShell prompt yourself and typing in "Get-Disk"? It should come with any MSFT supported version of PowerShell. Assuming that you did not kill PowerShell using DISM. Does it output any error and which?

What Windows version are you running, btw?
1 x

Csybormelgen

Post by Csybormelgen » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks for your digging deeper... and thanks for, plz, getting as technical as necessary. Even if I'm at some point a bit lost, I guess I get the "digital stories" behind good enough and in the "worst case" I'm learning something. So all good and thx...

I checked PowerShell and manually it worked all fine. With Lumia connected and without. With Lumia in Mass Storage mode, PS:'Get-Drive' prints the Lumia drive:
- No: 2
- Friendly Name: MSFT Phone
- HealthStatus: Healthy
- OperationalStatus: Online
- Total Size: 29.12 GB
- Partition Style: GPT

In the meantime I wanted to try the whole process on another system (that's also why it took me some time answering now)... Unfortunately, without success, as well. But with another error, documented here.
The_GTA wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 pm
What Windows version are you running, btw?
Windows 10 Pro (1903)
0 x