Miracast and connecting to a wireless display

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
toshdellapenna

Miracast and connecting to a wireless display

Post by toshdellapenna » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Has anyone else attempted to connect to a miracast adapter ( ie; screenbeam minibeam, hp lapdock, etc)? I read somewhere (can't remember where unfortunately) of people using this feature while we wait for hdmi out support, but haven't been able to get it working myself. I'm able to scan and locate devices and start a connection, but right at the point where the video should appear on the display the connection drops.

Any ideas? I use wireless continuum on mobile a lot for the convenience and being that it's currently the only option for WoAL getting this figured out would be great!

Thanks everyone! :)
0 x

Kroi

Re: Miracast and connecting to a wireless display

Post by Kroi » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:39 am

I don't know if it uses the same protocol (miracast) but i tried to connect to a Microsoft wireless display dongle and couldn't get it to work either. It does try to establish a connection but doesn't manage to in the end.
0 x

Ameowli

Post by Ameowli » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:39 am

I have successful Miracast connections on my phone (XL). If it fails, try to reconnect. If that's not working and you really need to blow up your phone (the display that is, don't actually make your phone explode) then Remote Desktop is a possibility.
0 x
15254.556 // 17763.292

toshdellapenna

Post by toshdellapenna » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:51 am

Ameowli, I have been trying to connect since the moment that i deployed woa on my xl, but it just won't work with any device I attempt to connect to. I'm considering the remote desktop idea, although I'm thinking that maybe redploying might fix the issue.
0 x