Installation does not complete, 950XL

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
Serpentbane

Installation does not complete, 950XL

Post by Serpentbane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 pm

So, I tried doing the dual boot option, but was unable to do so because of the "Phone disk preparation failed. Cannot prepare the phone for the deployment" error I was having. (Discussed here https://www.woaproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74). This apparently messed up my existing W10m installation on my device as well.

Rolling back to WOA Deployer for lumia 2.5.2 instead of 2.6 solved this issue, but since I had no way of booting W10m anyways, I went for the wipe W10m option this time. The deployment was ok as far as I could see, I ejected the phone from the computer and booted for the first time. The process began, but seemingly got stuck with the readying phone message and small dots making circles. After two hours I pressed the power button to restart, but holding a while I got a short glimse of a command promt and some kind of selection box. I was unable to read the content as it flashed back to the Readying phone screen one sec after. I could do this as much as I wanted, but I was unable to see or make any selections, so i decided to restart the phone.

When the phone booted I got some error message saying the phone rebooted unexpectedly and the installation need to be redone. However, rebooting does not start the process again, and doing a new deployment from WOA Deployer does not fix the issue. I don't get the behavior described above however, it just starts the process and then immediately prompt the unexpected restart error I got after rebooting the phone above.

So, here I am. The WOA Deployer deployment seams to work fine with 2.5.2. But the installation prosess on first boot never finishes.

Suggestions?`

PS: I'm a noob here, I just started doing this a few days ago, and have little clue what I'm doing.
0 x

Serpentbane

Re: Installation does not complete, 950XL

Post by Serpentbane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:14 pm

And yeah, I'm doing W10 Pro build 18362.
0 x

Serpentbane

Re: Installation does not complete, 950XL

Post by Serpentbane » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Ok, so I've been doing the same over and over since last time with no luck, so I just started doing random stuff, because that always works. So, I booted into the developer menu and chose the advanced menu, and somewhere in there there is some kind of delete all something choice, and because reason I figured that was smart. I restarted the phone, and it just began booting and rebooting in an never ending loop. I could not access that developer menu any more, and I was like shit, there I bricked it.

I connected the phone to my USB and it pretty much continued doing the same for a while, until suddenly it had this square like symbol made out of two arrows, and I was like, hm, and tried deploying once more from WOA Deployer, but it did not find my phone. I then opened the Windows Internals tool, and this could see the phone. So I hit Manual and then set it to enter mass storage mode, and it did.

Back to the WOA Deployer I tried once more, and this time, after deployment, the phone booted and began installing. After a while I came to the section with the selection box I described above, and this was the part where I should install unsigned drivers. Unlike the first time I was now able to choose to install the drivers, and the process completed.

To bad I no longer have the option of dual booting like I wanted to. Now I have to use my Android phone, and thus I'm not going to bring the Lumia with me all the time, unless I get the full install working good enough. I was not able to unlock the boot loader on my 950. Perhaps I should get another 950XL and try the dual boot again.

Anyways, this specific issue was resolved by doing stupid things, apparently. And I have no clue as to how and why.
0 x