Lumia driver not recognized

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
Els992

Lumia driver not recognized

Post by Els992 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi guys, I'm having this problem with my Lumia 950XL and I don't know what to do, what it means and what is the fix to it (if there's on of course), so the thing is, when I plug my phone to the PC I get this error:

USB Device not recognized
the last device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

And no matter what USB port I connect it the same error show up over and over and over again. I've noticed too, that when I connect it to the charger it takes so much time to charge, the phone battery app estimated time says about 5h 30m to be fully charged in a quick research on google I've found some people who have had the same problem in a Lumia 550 caused by an update. If that would be the case could an update make it work properly or it is an error caused by hardware malfunctioning? Can someone please help me to see the problem and maybe fix it?
0 x

dudemo

Re: Lumia driver not recognized

Post by dudemo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 pm

Are you using the cable that came with the phone? If not, have you tried another one? Some cables don't follow USB-C regulations and mix up the pins. Try with a different cable

Have you installed the proper drivers? You need both the regular Windows drivers as well as the recovery drivers to install Windows 10 ARM. If you are running Windows 8.1 or higher, you already have the normal drivers but not the recovery drivers. You get these by downloading and installing the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

If neither of these work, with the phone plugged into the computer... Open Device Manager and find the Lumia 950 XL. Right click it. Select "Uninstall". Unplug the device and reboot. Wait for Windows to fully boot and then plug the device in. It should automatically detect the device and reinstall the drivers but if not, open Device Manager again. Find the Lumia 950 XL (it will/should have a yellow exclamation mark) and right click it. Select "Search for drivers". Search online.

Good luck!
0 x

Els992

Re: Lumia driver not recognized

Post by Els992 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:01 pm

I don't have the original cable, it's a used phone, I have three usb-c cables and I tried all of them with each usb port and none worked, I have uninstalled, updated, I tried to plug it in another Computer and the same error occurs.
0 x