New here: Presentation and some doubts

Getting a new gadget? Optimized your pizza? Let's talk about it!
Predator

New here: Presentation and some doubts

Post by Predator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello, I came here through something I read about the project in Windows Central Forums.

I was a strong Windows Phone user and I just had to change the platform due the WhatsApp ending. Now I would like to give a second life to my Lumia 950, and here I am!

First of all, thank you for your big work and effort, you are doing a very good and useful job.

So, I'd like to install the Windows 10 ARM on my Lumia 950, and I have some doubts (probably, nooby doubts, sorry, I don't understand too much about this):

Where I can find a step-by-step guide to do it (or something similar)? I don't find even the files! I searched in the website, but I just found this:
How to install WOA on Lumia 950 or 950 XL - video tutorial (OUTDATED)
It says that it is outdated. Is there any other new? I mean... the status of the project is constantly being updated, with new features and functionalities achieved. I would like to be sure that I install the most recent version and not an outdated one.

Tutorials > How to get an ISO image of Windows 10 for arm64
Here, I see how to get an image of Windows 10 ARM. As far as I understood (I'm spanish, I don't use very good the english at all), there are multiple options with the image? Is there any rule to get one? I should use 64 or 32 bits?

Are the remaining features of the mobile possible to achieve? I mean, we will see the HMDI out-put, or the USB-C conectivity? Or there are things that cannot be translatable to the mobile device? Just for curiosity.

And finally, some doubts about the experience:
- My Lumia 950 is a Dual SIM one, and you say in the "Current Status" section that "dual sim devices may have issues with APNs". What it exactly means?
- How does the battery hangs on?
- It has a decent fluency when opening tipicall programs (like Office, Edge, Streaming, etc)?

To finish, thank you again for the work. I would like to be able to contribute with the project if I could… At least, you will have my feedback and donations.

Greetings!
0 x