Something Forum-related isn't working right or could go better? Let me know and I will try to fix this
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:24 pm
- x 4
for some of you it might be just out of interest, how WoA looks and performs on Lumia-Phones. For me also, but I though I don't spend my time just for curiosity. I though there should be some value add to me.
What adds value to me it to put my Athlon based Files server out of order since ith consumes way too much energy, while sitting there and waiting for anything to store.
So I thought a Lumia with WoA on could do the job. And it does.
I build a NAS from:
- Anker 4in1 USB-C Hub with Power delivery
- 1GBit Ethernet-USB Adapter (Microsoft)
- Sharkoon Quatro - 4 Bay HDD box
So and, with USB-3 connected I can get up to 60MByte/s transferrate, that's not supergreat but much more then my FritzBox.
I am super proud and mega greatful
for the hard work which went into WoA. Where is the Paypal Donation? I will find it.
Any other ideas around? I still have 2 Lumia 950 waiting for their afterlife.....
- 20190909_194910733_iOS - Kopie.jpg (114.91 KiB) Viewed 10366 times
- 20190909_194958010_iOS - Kopie.jpg (118.78 KiB) Viewed 10366 times
- 20190909_194828689_iOS - Kopie.jpg (118.47 KiB) Viewed 10366 times
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 am
- x 53
- x 30
Great story, baudl! I share this whenever someone claims that there is no real world usage for the Lumia 950 (XL)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:04 am
- Location: Vienna
That is awesome!
Are you turning the display off, or is it running all the time?